My Trip to Kuala Lumpur, and the Reflection (Part 1)

 Hello there. This is me again. Yeah, well, as the title says, I went to Kuala Lumpur and Malacca, and I just got back here in town after 4 days of back to back, exhaustive trips across freeways and palm trees. I don't know what to say about this trip, but, oh well, I make this one post just for the sake of the blog. All I've got to say is, that, uh, I like the trip, I really do. Seriously. It kind of open my eyes on something new and I get this kind of a new perspective on how I'm going to see the world. Besides, this trip marked the first time I'm outside of my beloved country, Indonesia. So, let's begin the post by showing the background of my journey.

 This trip started as one of the part that count towards my total credit on my study at college, and that means that the trip is necessary. In short, I've got to take it. And for that, I really working hard to ensure that I got the money for both of my tuition and the trip's fee, of which I narrowly miss one of them (O God, thank you for Your help). Then, when I stepped on the floor of the Cengkareng Airport, I knew that this trip is going to be something. That feeling on entering unknown land that I only seen on screen at the time, and it was really in front of my face all of a sudden, y'know. That last sentence concludes the background of the trip. Ok, moving on.

 The first day of my trip started when two coach buses stops in front of KLIA, complete with two tour guides for each buses. They all nice, even though I kind of likes to go alone for a trip, but oh well. First stop, on my journey is Putrajaya, the administrative capital, and especially its grand mosque that I forgot what its name was. I was praying there and to me that's when I realize that sun shines brighter in Malaysia than Indonesia, and the fact that the daytime transition actually runs slower than what I imagine it would be. And the next stop is the Twin Tower, the state's oil company building. And do you want to know what I'm saying about it? Well, it is "Just the Same". I mean, it is just the same as Jakarta but with less trash, more tourists, and less people. Really, looking at the tower opens my eyes on how many things in the world are just the same with the difference lies in certain variations. I felt disappointed with these similarities and when I arrive at my hotel, I kept pondering about it. Everything just sucks, terribly.

 The second day, I went to shop some foods and souvenirs in shops across Kuala Lumpur and all I bought is some foods that I cannot found in many shops in Jakarta (or I really need to go farther?). Eh, I didn't really have much money to buy something anyway, but I tried my best to not disappointing a lot of people that works on those shops. And on the same day, ..... (To Be Continued)

      Warm Regards
Depok, February 28th, 2020

Comments

Popular Posts